Want to sell on Catch? Discover the market and learn how to get started with Intelligent Reach's reliable Marketplace management tool!
Catch.com.au is one of the country’s leading Australian owned and operated ecommerce platforms where Aussie customers begin their shopping journey. Founded in 2006 by two brothers in Melbourne, Australia, Catch of the Day made its name launching a new deal every day to local customers. In 2017, Catch of the Day was rebranded to Catch.com.au and launched its Catch Marketplace to provide customers more choice, and sellers more flexibility to trade. In August 2019, Catch was acquired by Wesfarmers, Australia’s largest retail conglomerate, placing them in good company alongside the nation’s favourite retailers Kmart, Target, Bunnings & Officeworks.
Catch by the Numbers - 2021 Update
After unprecedented growth in FY20, the Catch.com.au marketplace was able to continue the momentum as Wesfarmers announced in it’s annual report a further 41% growth in FY21.
Here are the key stats you need to know about Catch’s audience and seller base as of December 2021.
- 3M+ Active Customers
- 30,000+ new customers per week
- 35M+ Site Visits per month
- 1M+ Catch App Users
- $130AUD/ 4.3 Items Average Cart Size
- 3,000+ Live Marketplace Sellers
- 2.5M+ Product Listings
- 20K+ Parcels Sent Daily
- 1 product sold every 1.2 seconds
Catch customers love choice, which is why we offer millions of products across 16 major categories:
- Electronics & Appliances
- Home & Living
- Toys, Kids and Baby
- Sports & Outdoors
- Health & Beauty
- Garden, Tools & Hardware
- Apparel & Footwear
- Pet Supplies
- Groceries and Liquor
- Jewelry & Accessories
- Home, Office & Media
Why Do Businesses Love Selling On Catch?
There are a number of reasons why both local and international sellers prefer selling on Catch compared to other marketplaces:
- We are a curated/ invitation - only marketplace for professional sellers and brands only – no individual sellers and used items
- Unrestricted listing structure – sellers can list unlimited SKUs across multiple categories as part of their subscription
- Dedicated Free Onboarding Support to ensure a seamless integration
- Expert Category Managers to make the sign up process smooth and the launch process targeted
- Dedicated Account Managers – expert advice in strategy, promotional management, store support & more
- Integration Partner Team to help guide you on the best way to list your products online before you begin onboarding
- 24/7 Seller Support to assist with technical, customer enquiries
- Distribution Partners to help international sellers fulfil orders in Australia
- Australian Identity with localised Customer Service and Technical Support
- Engaged customer base
Tips to Succeed on Catch.com.au
1. Fulfilment & Customer Service
There are a number of ways Catch sellers can increase their likelihood of success, improve their seller rating and maximise their potential. Here are some key initiatives to consider, especially if you are an international seller.
The first, and most important tip, is making sure you adhere to Catch’s seller expectations regarding fulfilment and customer service.
All sellers must be able to send a package from their warehouse or distribution location within 2 business days, and must accompany each order with tracking information. Failure to do so will lead to negative customer reviews, which will negatively impact your store rating.
Responses to customer enquiries must be within a 48-hour window, so that consumers are informed and being treated with respect. Given that our customers are based in Australia, it is also highly advantageous to be proficient in written English to avoid miscommunication.
Your stock management systems must also be accurate and up to date, so that regardless of your integration method, you only advertise products which you have available to fulfil orders. It is a common mistake which sellers make, and the negative reviews that may follow when orders can’t be fulfilled can be costly.
2. Product Data
Making sure that your product content is clean, accurate and of a high quality is also essential. As a seller, you want to make sure that your products are displayed in the best way possible to inform the customer, otherwise they may be left unsure and will most likely choose another product. Working with Intelligent Reach to ensure your readiness for Catch marketplace launch is essential.
All products submitted to be listed on Catch.com.au must meet our Image & Content Guidelines, and the best way to have your products pass these guidelines is to:
- Provide accurate details, descriptions and images
- Use clean images with minimal text and logos
- Provide barcodes for any branded products
- Show product compliance with all applicable laws, product safety requirements and mandatory standards
- Avoid uploading weblinks, email addresses, urls or redirects in your product content
- Categorise products correctly so that they can be easily found onsite
- Make the most of free features such as keywords, which have SEO quality to help your product catalogue searchability
Why is this so important? Catch’s marketplace search algorithm is based on a few key elements including:
- Search term quality and relevance
- Seller rating and performance
- Offer quality/ appeal
Whilst clean product data takes care of the first element, it can also contribute to the other two elements.
For example, if your product data is misleading/inaccurate, this may lead to an increase in negative reviews due to customer dissatisfaction. Similarly, your data needs to best justify the offer/price of the product, otherwise why would a customer choose your product over another?
3. Make the most of both free and paid promotion
Catch hosts over 150 promotional events both paid and free every week. These events are based on consumer trends, seasonal products, well-performing products and sellers and key marketing events. At Catch, we host and take part in many major promotional events year round. They include:
- Xmas Trade
- Boxing Day
- Black Friday
- Cyber Monday
- Click Frenzy
- Catch Birthday Celebrations
- and many more
Sellers do not necessarily have to pay to be a part of our major events. Our dedicated Account Managers will send correspondence in the lead up to these major events and suggest where you can best be placed. Then it is up to you to nominate products and special offers which give you the best chance to make the most of these events. Typically, these events will run for at least 3 days, and up to a week, marketed via EDM, social media, Google and other internal Catch channels.
How to start selling on Catch.com.au
Starting your journey on Catch marketplace is a simple yet targeted process.
If you would like to apply to sell on Catch.com.au, you can either apply directly using the below link or ask your Intelligent Reach for a personal introduction to the Catch team.
You will then be in touch with a specialist dedicated to your selling category, who will walk you through Catch’s commercial structure and free onboarding process, highlight major opportunities for your business and answer any questions you may have.
Once you are ready to create a store, you will then be introduced to your own Onboarding Specialist, who will help you alongside Intelligent Reach seamlessly launch on the Catch marketplace.
Then it’s time to start selling!
Start selling on Catch.com.au
Reach out to new customers and get your products discovered!GET IN TOUCH!