Intelligent Reach can now A/B test any product data attribute in your product feed
Content Experimentation is one of the most popular modules on Intelligent Reach. It’s no secret as to why. By MVT and A/B testing product titles, product type and images, it’s possible to make products more visible. This generally leads to an increase in clicks and sales. Result! Let’s find out more about the new release which allows you to test any product data attribute.
- What is Content Experimentation?
- What’s new?
- Ideas to test any product data attribute
- Idea #1 – A/B Testing Google Product Category
- Idea #2 – A/B Testing Colours
- Successful A/B Test Examples
- Improve your results with Intelligent Reach
What is Content Experimentation?
Content Experimentation is a way of testing product data to improve impressions and clicks of your products. For example, you might wish to add a brand name to your product titles in the A group, but not use it in the B group. Which one performs better? By A/B testing across the same 30 days, it’s possible to see which one works best and implement the results across more products if it works.
Note: It's possible to randomise the groups but we advise making sure the groupings are fair. It's no use having your ten most popular products in one group as this might skew the results.
Previously it was only possible to A/B test three attributes in your product data – titles, images and product type. We’ve now gone one step further and you can test any attribute in your product data feed. That’s right, you can test pretty much anything!
Learn more about A/B testing product titles to improve ads performance.
Ideas to test any product data attribute
Although businesses are more likely to want to test one of image, product type and title the majority of the time, there may be a few instances where testing other attributes might work better.
Idea #1 – A/B Testing Google Product Category
Google Product Category is Google’s version of Product Type. Brands or retailers often have a category that they think works best, which might be different to the one Google has chosen. Which one works better? You can now test to find out!
Find out more about the difference between Product Type and Google Product Category.
Idea #2 – A/B Testing Colours
If colour isn’t that important to a product you are selling – for a drill, for example – you might know what colour to use. Might ‘yellow’ in the colour product field work better than the company’s own ‘mustard’? You can now test it to find out.
These are just two examples of content experiments you can do but the possibilities are (almost) endless!
Interested to learn more about content optimisation? Read 5 Product Optimisation Examples for Marketplaces.
Successful A/B Test Examples
We have a lot of data on content experimentation and what works and what doesn’t. One highly effective method is to change product type according to seasons or holidays.
As well as this, it makes sense to change product title key terms according to local language (e.g., ‘trash can’ in the US to ‘bin’ in the UK.
Here are some successful A/B tests that have been run over the last few years.
- Three leading retailers experimented by including the term ‘Back to School’ in their Product Type in 2021 – an average 203% increase in impressions.
- by including the term ‘Summer’ in their Product Type optimisation in 2021 (five retailers)
- and +57% clicks by including the word ‘Eid’ in their Product Type optimisation (leading UK retailer in 2021)
- and +187% ROAS by including the term ‘Eid Products for Him’ in Product Type by a leading UK retailer in 2021
- and +28% ROAS by including the term ‘Father’s Day’ in Product Type by a leading UK retailer in 2021.
- by changing the product title from trousers to pants in Australia by a leading UK retailer in 2021.
- by adding the material to the product title for one US retailer in 2021.
Improve your results with Intelligent Reach
Intelligent Reach is award-winning ecommerce software that helps global companies like Marks & Spencer, Fitbit and Adidas improve results.
Improve your product data feed management, push to 1,500+ marketplaces, digital channels and social channels, and enhance your Product Listing Ads by connecting your Google Ads data to our platform.
Operate everything from one easy-to-use dashboard including Google Shopping promotions, individual product views and much more.
Want to know more? Contact us or improve your products’ visibility by booking a demo of Intelligent Reach today.