Intelligent Reach Logo
Book a Demo
Book a Demo
Intelligent Reach Logo (white)
Book a Demo


6 Core Strategies to Get Your Products Found More Often

Discover the impact product data has when optimising data feeds to maximise product discovery across offsite digital channels.

Get the EBook
Pink Blur Cube
Pink Blur Cube


Get your product discovered by shoppers looking to buy

The offsite product discovery journey is a vital part of ecommerce and something brands and retailers must not only track, but also optimise towards. Augmenting product content for offsite marketing channels is the main part of this and is the most important strategy to increase traffic and revenue. As an example, Intelligent Reach conducted testing with Lenovo, the world’s largest PC manufacturer, and was able to increase traffic 3X purely by optimising the product feed being sent to Google Shopping.

A survey conducted by Intelligent Reach on prospects and clients showed that only 30% of retailers had complete, accurate and attribute rich product data being transmitted to external channels, and the remaining 70% were missing out on a lot of traffic and sales because of poor quality product data.

Clothing retailers were most likely to have missing data considered vital by their consumers.

The survey demonstrated that almost all retailers who didn’t have a tool in place for managing offsite content were only sending across titles, categories and product information found on their website without any strategies in place to optimise that data for the channel consuming it.

The problem with this is that most retailers will create product titles that reflect their brand, or assume the consumer already has knowledge of the type of products they sell.

This example of Hurley shorts helps visualise the problem – it’s clear from the image that they are shorts, but just looking at the title (and because they are on Nike’s website) one would probably assume they are trainer shoes.

Channels like Google, unfortunately, don’t ingest information from images yet, so this product would perform worse than a title that contained information such as “shorts”. It’s important that product data is simplified, using terms that people use to search for products.

It’s also important not to optimise titles in this way for all channels. For marketing channels that don’t use titles and product content for SEO, i.e. retargeting ads, you can use more brand specific titles to better reflect who you are.

Want to Know How It Ends?

Hit the button and you can download the full eBook to read and share at your leisure

Get the Ebook

Download eBook

Click the button and you can get the PDF download of this eBook to read at your leisure...

Get the EBookHexagon

More eBooks

How to sell on Google Shopping

Google Shopping doesn’t have to be confusing. Our free guide, will teach you everything that you need to know! It’s a relentless and easy to understand overview of everything that Google Shopping has to offer. What’s more, it’s free!

Read Now

Selling on Marketplaces for Long-Term Success

The big bang of online shopping created an e-commerce universe that enabled you to sell just about anything. All you ever needed to do was connect your products to the right platforms and to the […]

Read Now

Discovery Through Product Data

Understand the basic of feed optimisation and content experimentation to get your products found by relevant buyers

Read Now

The Award-Winning PLatform, Loved by OUR Customers...

Capterra 4.5 out of 5
Technology Vendor of the Year
Globas Business Excellence Awards Outstanding New Product Service

The Award-Winning PLatform, Loved by OUR Customers...

Capterra 4.5 out of 5Technology Vendor of the YearGlobas Business Excellence Awards Outstanding New Product ServiceThe Saas Awards Finalist 2021UK Business Tech Awards WInner
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram